Plumbing and Drainage

Information in regard to requirements when lodging the following for Plumbing and Drainage Work pursuant to the state government regulations and the Plumbing & Drainage Act 2018

The Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 was approved by the Governor in Council on 4 April 2019. 
New Dwellings  All plumbing applications will require the below as per the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 Schedule 6
Form 1, 1 x Onsite Design (only if in a non-sewered area)
1 x Building Plans; 1 x Soil Test Report and Design if required 

Duplexes/ Dual Occupancies  All plumbing applications will require the below as per the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 Schedule 6

Form 1, 1 x Onsite Design (only if in a non-sewered area)
1 x Building Plans; 1 x Soil Test Report
Multiple Dwelling Units (i.e. 3 (three) or more Class 2) will require a quotation prior to lodgement.

Referral - On-Site
Wastewater Managment
Application Form
Floor Plan
Site Plan showing existing/proposed building, site boundaries and easements, other structures, any cut/fill forming the building platform, existing contours of the site
Commercial Works All new Commercial Works will require a quotation prior to lodgement - please upload electronic copies as below
Quotations for Works For a quotation please upload electronic copies of plans including Form 1 to General Plumbing and Drainage enquiry online under Customer Services option.
On-Site Sewerage If a dwelling is in a non-sewered area an onsite design is required to assess the application.
Plumbing Searches Provides plumbing/drainage details on: permits issued, assessor details, inspection details. Plumbing/drainage requisitions relating to permits issued and general requisitions impacting on plumbing & drainage. (Includes sanitary house drainage plan if available.)
Complete Property Search Form and contact Customer Service for payment.
House Drainage Plans Council can supply existing “as constructed drainage plans” that shows internal house drainage to sewer jump-up contact Council’s Customer Service Centre for information.
Fees & Charges for Plumbing and Drainage Plumbing & Drainage Fees.
NOTIFIABLE WORK From 1 November 2012 a new category of plumbing and drainage work called Notifiable work was implemented. Notifiable work extends the amount of work a plumber or drainage can perform without a local government permit or mandatory inspections.

Notifiable work will be defined in schedule 2 of the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003. It will include most plumbing and drainage work performed in existing homes including:
• Kitchen and bathroom additions and renovations
• Installing or replacing hot water heaters including electric, solar or heat pump hot water heaters
• Installing fixtures such as toilets, shower and sinks in a existing home
• Extending or altering pipe work.
• Limited plumbing and drainage work will also be able to be performed on commercial buildings.
• Fixtures in Sheds. A plumbing application is required to be lodged if there is no existing plumbing and drainage in a shed. If the shed has plumbing and drainage then the work can be lodged by the plumber using a Form 4.
Follow the link to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission website for further information. 
Notifiable work guides are available at Queensland Building and Construction Commission
Building Demolition and Disconnection from Services Livingstone Shire Council as the administering authority for water and sewer within its boundaries is providing an information sheet outlining the process for ensuring proper disconnection of buildings being demolished from mains water reticulation, Council sewer infrastructure or any type of on-site sewerage facility (includes septic systems and the decommissioning and removal of redundant systems.