Aerosols, Fumes, Dust or Smoke Nuisance

For Council to respond to a complaint, the nuisance must relate to residential or commercial land not regulated by other government agencies. 
Aerosols, fumes, particles and smoke can cause a nuisance to residents and interfere with their normal daily activities. If severe enough, it can negatively affect a person's health and well being. Aerosols, fumes, particles and smoke can come from numerous sources at a residential premise including aerosols from paint cans and other fine mists, fumes from petrol or diesel, dust from construction works and smoke or ash from burning off wastes. Smoke and fumes emitted from cooking are exempt from the nuisance legislation. 
Council does not regulate aerosols, fumes, particles (including dust) or smoke nuisance complaints relating to: