Before you lodge your application

All licensable food businesses including fixed premises, mobile premises and temporary premises are required to be licensed by Council. If you wish to operate a licensable food business in the Livingstone Shire Local Government area you are required to obtain a licence from Council by applying to the Environmental Health Unit. The following information will assist you in ensuring your application is complete and that you have considered everything that is required to apply for a food business licence. For a detailed guide on the application process please download the Food Business Licence Application Guide.

- All licensed food businesses are required to have a qualified Food Safety Supervisor.
- Some licensed food businesses are also required to have an accredited Food Safety Program.

Establishing a food business premises whether in a new or existing building requires compliance with a range of legislation. Application may be needed for each of the areas listed below depending on the nature of the food business. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all these areas have been investigated.

- Planning Approval
- Building Approval
- Trade Waste Permit
- Plumbing and Drainage Permit
- Food Business Licence Application

The food business may also require:
- Footpath Dining Permit or Mobile Vending Permit from the Local Laws Unit of Council
- Signage Approval from the Planning Department of Council
- Business Registration from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Liquor Licence from the Office of Liquor and Gaming